Central Fire Station

ScanImage093The original Central Fire Station was built in the 1840’s as the Centre School.  Years later it was converted to a firehouse.  In the early 1900’s it was demolished to make place for

1908 central firehousethe present fire station, opened in 1908 at the corner of Broadway and Corey Streets.

DSCF1428The only change in more than a century is the widened bays to accommodate newer firefighting equipment.