The Everett Public Libraries are excited to announce our 2022 summer reading program, Oceans of Possibilities. Using Beanstack, readers of all ages can track the number of minutes they read in order to win free books and other great prizes. For every 5 hours of reading, participants will win a free book and a prize. At 20 hours of reading, kids will be invited to the End of Summer Pizza Party and teens will be invited to an after hours Library Lock-In!
For more information, watch our summer reading announcement video.
Things to Read
Looking for things to read? Check out our reading lists section under the kids’ menu!
Just For Fun
- KidsPage – Great site with reading, games and more from the Multnomah County Library!
- Seussville Games – Play lots of fun games with the Lorax, Horton and other friends from Seussville!
- San Diego Zoo
- Exploratorium – You’ve never done science quite like this. Don’t miss the Science Snackbook of experiments that you can try at home.
Resources For Parents
- Family Education Network – A collection of articles, features and links, with sections for the parents of Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School and High School students.
- Family Web Files – Links to reviewed sites for parents.
- The Idea Box – Crafts and activities to share with your kids.
- The Labor of Love – Lots of links from right after birth through child care and education issues.
- Our Kids: A Web page devoted to raising kids with special needs – This site serves as the archive for the Our Kids mailing list, and includes a large collection of links that should be helpful to parents.
- Parent Soup – An online magazine for parents.