Experience all the feels this winter!
Learn about the history of emojis, explore the importance of emotions, and discover fun activities to express yourself fully —all while earning badges on a virtual bingo card! From Jan. 1–31, the Everett Public Libraries are participating in “All the Feels,” a winter reading challenge sponsored by Beanstack.
We challenge our community to read and log at least 120 minutes during the challenge. Earn fun emoji-themed badges for logging your reading, completing activities, submitting book reviews, and filling out your bingo card.
Register for the challenge on Beanstack to get a free book from the library. Win a prize by completing five challenges in a row/diagonally on the virtual bingo card!
Things to Read
Looking for things to read? Check out our reading lists section under the kids’ menu!
Things to Play
You can also click the links below for different browser games!
- Agar.io – Play against other online players as you try to become the biggest cell!
- Crazy Monkey Games – Play lots of different types of online games like puzzles, action, and sports games
- DisneyNow – Play games, watch videos, and more with characters from Disney Channel and Disney Junior shows
- Friv – Free online makeover, fashion, sports, and adventure games
- JS Puzzles – For fans of jigsaw puzzles! Put together a puzzle based on a photo from the site, or upload your own photo
- Kizi – Free online games, no downloads required
- Little Alchemy – Mix and match elements to create new ones. Try to find all 500!
- National Geographic Kids – Learn about animals, nature and space, and play quizzes and puzzles!
- PBS Kids – Play games with characters from your favorite shows!
- Seussville Games – Play lots of fun games with the Lorax, Horton and other friends from Seussville!
- Snokido – Hundreds of free online games for one player, two players, or more!
- Type Racer – Test your typing speed and race against other people at the same time!
Things to Watch
For family-friendly movies and TV shows that you can borrow from the library, take a look at our catalog!
If you’re looking for free video streaming content, check out the following sites:
- PBS Kids – For educational and entertaining videos from shows like Daniel Tiger, Wild Kratts, Pinkalicious, and Curious George.
- Hoopla and Kanopy from the Boston Public Library – Sign up for a free BPL ecard to access their streaming collections of movies and tv shows. Questions? Ask an EPL librarian for help!
- Eliot Family Resource Center – Massachusetts Family Resource Centers (FRCs) are a statewide network of community-based providers offering multi-cultural parenting programs, support groups, and more. The Eliot FRC is based in Everett.
- Child Care Search – The Massachusetts Department of Early Childhood Care (EEC) provides a searchable online database of licensed childcare providers across the state.
- Family Education Network – A collection of articles, features and links, with sections for the parents of Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School and High School students.
Resources For Parents
The Everett Public Libraries have a collection of parenting books and ebooks that are available for you to borrow. Our online catalog is available here.
Other Parenting resources can be found through: