The library is currently accepting applications for teen volunteers who are interested in making a meaningful impact. By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the library’s mission, connect with fellow book lovers, and help create an enriching environment for all visitors.
Whether you’re assisting with shelving books, organizing materials, tutoring in the Homework Center or supporting library programs, your involvement will play a vital role in promoting literacy and fostering a love for reading. We welcome your dedication and invite you to apply today to become a valued member of our volunteer community.
Please email your completed application to email@example.com or call 617-394-2300 with questions.
Qualifications for Volunteers:
- Students ages 14 and up.
- Must live in or attend school in Everett.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Interest in libraries.
Expectations of Volunteers:
- Must be able to commit to at least 2 hours of service per week, or a minimum of 20 hours total over the course of the semester or summer.
- Able to commit to your assigned volunteer hours
- Expected to treat like a job – on time, communicate absence or lateness
- Must complete an exit interview following completion of volunteer service in order to receive confirmation of your hours of service.
- Applications may be submitted for the Spring semester (January-May), Summer Break (June-August), or the Fall semester (September-December).
- Applications for the Spring semester must be submitted by December 31st.
- Applications for Summer break must be submitted by May 31st.
- Applications for the Fall semester must be submitted by August 31st.
- Following the deadline, you may be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted in person at the Parlin Memorial Library.
- Accepted volunteers will begin service following the completion of the interview process.
- Volunteers will be required to fill out a new application for the next semester to continue their service, but will not be required to re-interview for consecutive semesters.
- Any volunteer that discontinues their service and is interested in volunteering again will be required to submit a new application and interview again.